The experts included Marguax Alampay, who talked about beauty and fashion for pregnant mommies. A former fashion editor at Candy Magazine, Margaux has been a fashion stylist for seven years after studying fashion in New York and Milan and currently styles for various celebrities, print ads, and fashions shows.
Another expert was Sharon Galang, independent certified instructor (ICI) for baby sign language, who helped parents discover the joy of communicating with their babies before they can talk.
And finally, Chiqui Brosas, an experienced childbirth educator and doula since the 1990’s and a
breastfeeding advocate since 1997, shared ways on how you can face the pain and be confident on delivery day. She provided relaxation techniques and exercises through a Lamaze session. Chiqui is known as the guro when it comes to natural childbirth because of her calmness and ability to control during labor and until birth.
|Mommies having fun during the EQ Dry diaper changing game|
Here are some tips I learned:
- For fashion, find inspiration but don't compare yourself to others.
- Love your curves and flaunt them, don't cover the bump. Be proud!
- Follow your personal style
- Choose pieces that you can still wear even you're not pregnant or until your 9th month.
- Go for clean sleak lines
- Shop for clothing that could fit your growing belly. It must be always breathable and comfy.
- Moisturize your belly
- Check your doctor whether products and treatments are suitable for you.
- Make time for grooming and pampering too
- Find time to recover after giving birth and don't push yourself in a hurry to get back into shape.
- Stay healthy and don't pressure the body
SP Baby Shower 3 is made possible with major sponsor EQ Dry, with our generous concessionaires: Smart Steps, Mega-Malunggay, Baby Mama, VPharma, Tiny Buds and Giant Carrier.
Get access to vital parenting information and relevant content 24/7, visit ww.smartparenting.com.ph, and follow Smart Parenting on Facebook via /smartparenting.ph, and @_smartparenting on Twitter, and @smartparenting on Instagram.
# # #
ABOUT SUMMIT MEDIA
Summit Media is the largest magazine publishing company in the Philippines, with over 20 magazines, 13 websites and counting, book imprints, and a thriving out-of-home business. Today, it has become the leading lifestyle and entertainment digital network in the country. For more information, visit www.summitmedia.com.ph.