Shopee Ph, a marketplace app available for free in Apple App Store and Google Play officially launched December 2015 in the Philippines. I encountered this app from several online shops I follow on Instagram. They're posting huge discounts that buyers can only avail if they made the online transaction via Shopee App.
I love how secure my payment was! If an item was marked with the Shopee Guarantee, it ensures that if products are not received in the previously agreed-upon condition, payment will be refunded to the buyers in full.
As a seller, shopee doesn't require you to place Shopee Guarantee as it would also mean that payments will be on hold, and seller should be the one to shoulder the item's cost + shipping fee.
Until December 31, 2015
Until Jan 31, 2016
As of December 15, Shopee stopped the discount codes. Reason I got from my netizen friends: Abuse usage of discount. All I can say, it was an unfair marketing strategy for buyers like us :p They have successfully lured buyers because of their promo codes, then they just discontinue without any prior notice.
Some RiRe Lip Manicure I also purchased via Shopee.
I pay my items via online banking transfer since going to banks during Holiday season would consume my time. I only choose Shopee Sellers that offers Shopee Guarantee for safety reason.
My order timeline from Beautyshopph (Because I really need those Cetaphil Cleanser for my rash bumps)
- December 11 - Placed order
- December 13 - Payment Confirmed by Shopee
- December 14 - Sent to AbestCourier
- December 17 - Received package
Delivery depends upon seller's availability also considering the time frame seller mentioned on the item's
I'm glad I was able to test Shopee Guarantee for refunds.
I always ask the seller first if item was still available with stocks onhand. I bought few more shades or RIRE Lipmanicure (planning to review it soon), my payment was already confirmed by Shopee - which took 2 days to confirm aftre payment transfer.
- December 15 - Place order and paid items
- December 16 - Seller informed me she got wrong number of stocks available. She informed me for a refund via Shopee App instead since she already approved the refund request I made.
- December 18 - Request approved by Shopee
- December 23 - Refund released
Feel free to check and follow my account :instagram, most items are cosmetics and skin care, brand new and preloved, very affordable price. I offer prices lower than other sellers. Just because I like to. :P
- December 8 - Order date
- December 11 - Payment Confirmed (Buyer to Shopee)
- December 14 - Shipment date, Payment to be released once confirmed
- December 15 - Buyer received the item, payments to seller will be processed as soon as the buyer notify Shopee.
- December 18 - Check deposit received (Shopee to Seller)
- December 22 - Payment successfully released
Update As per Shopee
We are now PAYING YOU FASTER! We have UPGRADED and now payments are made on a daily basis! No more waiting 3-5 working days or tons of bank statements matched per product. Now, we provide next day transfers, just for you.
Orders completed before 1PM - money transferred next working day
Orders completed after 1PM - money transferred after (2) working days
Orders completed between Thursday 1pm to Sunday 1pm - money transferred on Monday
Disclaimer: This is not sponsored post. I do not received anything from the brand to publish this post, I just like to share my story about buying and selling via Shopee App.