I've been always curious about RF and IPL sessions (add Cavitation too!) I found with different deal websites. They're offering services for as low as P99 per session. Last January 8, 2015, I've tried this offer I found in MetroDeal:
Multi Polar RF Facial Contouring & IPL Photo Rejuvenation at Care to Bare Ali Mall, Robinsons Metro East and Marquee Mall for P99 [direct link here]
- Get a Multi Polar RF Facial Contouring & IPL Photo Rejuvenation Treatment at Care to Bare
- Conveniently available in 3 branches including Ali Mall, Robinsons Metro East and Marquee Mall
- Uses the latest generation Multipolar Radio Frequency technology and is the fastest and safest Radio Frequency system that effectively reverses aging of the face
- Helps in the production of collagen
- Non-surgical, non-invasive, painless treatment with virtually no downtime
- Aims to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, lift, tone, and brighten the face, contour and tighten mildly-to-moderately loose or wrinkled skin
- IPL Photorejuvenation is effective against sun-damaged skin, age spots, rosacea (chronic facial redness), enlarged pores, acne, mild wrinkles, and fine lines
"Kim" was assigned to me as my derma nurse. She told me to wait for a few minutes so that the machine could 'cool down'. We had a little chitchat about her and my profession and about the service while she remove my makeup - except eye makeup since she will only focus to my cheeks and chin. It's fine with me since I'm using a waterproof makeup that day, it will consume more time for her.
She asked when was my last menstrual cycle - I believe they consider some women that have a more sensitive skin right before and during their menstrual cycle.
Let me show you their Balance machine - the one that they use for RF and Cavitation. In my case they only use RF and IPL. I have no actual photo for IPL.
Radio Frequency, or simply RF, is a state-of-the-art non-invasive technology that painlessly delivers focused energy to your face’s problem areas. As your skin ages and continues to be subjected to environmental pollutants, the proteins that preserve your skin (known as collagen and elastin) break down more rapidly. As your skin loses elasticity, you may develop wrinkles and fine lines giving your skin a dull and dry appearance.
The Multipolar Radio Frequency energy and IPL Photo rejuvenation goes deep down the skin’s layers to effectively target skin tissues and the extra cellular matrix where the collagen fibers are rooted. The results are firmer, smoother, and younger looking skin with a visible lift.
After facial cleansing, she put a cooling gel to my cheeks and chin, and start to use a handle with polars.
Does it hurt? No. I believe I have a high pain tolerance. The polars delivers radiofrequency energy in deep thermal heat into my skin. It will cause collagen remodelling and tightening as per Kim. The session lasted for about 30 minutes. Then I got about 10 shots of IPL (intense pulsed light).
I would like to return for another session as soon as I got an available schedule.
After session tips:
1. Do not put anything after the session such as moisturizing cream, cleanser, toner - unless advised. Don't wash the face either. Kim told me that I can sleep without washing the face that day, do it the next day instead.
2. Do not drink cold beverages.
If you consider trying the treatment, please ask a legit practitioner about this, I am sharing my experience here. Effects might differ to the attending practitioner and patient. Be careful when trying these treatments and who will be doing the treatment. Some people got burns by radio frequency and got scars or hernias.